Tuesday 8 September 2009

Welcome / Croeso

Hello rugby fans everywhere and welcome to Hakas & Arias, a new rugby blog for the new 2009/10 season. I hope to provide a unique view from the sofas, stands and pitchsides of this new season.

You won't just find the usual commentary on rugby matches or players' performances, but also features on the state of the game, the behind-the-scenes intrigues and offering something of a different perspective on the game we all love.

A little about me - I'm Welsh (so rugby's pretty much part of my DNA!) and I have played for both my school and village teams, as well as a short-lived university effort. I never miss an international, and also ensure that I get down to the Millennium Stadium at least once a year when I can.

I support Newport Gwent Dragons, Blackwood RFC, Cornish Pirates and London Welsh. One of my long-term hopes is to see a representative Cornish side turn out regularly against other constituent countries of the UK. I am pro-Henson, anti-RRW and my all-time rugby favourite moment is, predictably, Scott Gibbs' try against England at Wembley in 1999.

I hope you enjoy the blog and I look forward to your replies and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment